Best Paddle Wheel Installation Practices
The correct installation practices for installing a paddle wheel flow meter include the following steps:
- Proper pipe sizing: The pipe size should be at least 5 times the diameter of the flow meter upstream and 3 times the diameter downstream. This ensures that the flow is full and stable, providing accurate measurements.
- Proper orientation: The flow meter should be installed with the flow in the upward direction. This helps prevent any debris or sediment from getting stuck in the flow meter and affecting its performance.
- Proper distance: The flow meter should be installed at a distance of 5x the pipe diameter upstream and 3x the pipe diameter downstream. This helps ensure that the flow is full and stable before and after the flow meter, providing accurate measurements.
- Mounting the flow meter: The flow meter should be mounted securely to the pipe using appropriate brackets or clamping mechanisms. This helps prevent any movement or vibration of the flow meter, which can affect its performance.
- Calibration: It is important to calibrate the flow meter according to the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure accurate measurements.
It is important to make sure the pipe is full, to prevent air pockets from forming and to avoid turbulent flow. Flow meters are sensitive to the conditions around them, so it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and best practices for installation to ensure accurate measurements and a long service life.
Please contact us to discuss your application