Factors to consider when selecting the right level sensor for bulk chemicals
There are several factors to consider when selecting the right level sensor for bulk chemicals:
- Chemical compatibility: It’s important to select a level sensor that is compatible with the specific chemical being measured. Factors to consider include the chemical’s properties, such as its density, viscosity, and corrosiveness, as well as the temperature and pressure of the process.
- Measurement range: The measurement range of the level sensor should be sufficient to cover the range of levels you need to measure.
- Accuracy and repeatability: The accuracy and repeatability of the level sensor are important factors to consider, as they determine the ability of the sensor to consistently and accurately measure the level of the chemical.
- Response time: The response time of the level sensor, or the time it takes for the sensor to provide a measurement, should be sufficient for your application.
- Installation and maintenance: Consider the installation and maintenance requirements of the level sensor, including any calibration or cleaning that may be needed.
- Cost: Compare the cost of different level sensor options to determine which is the most cost-effective for your application.
- Compatibility with other equipment: Make sure the level sensor is compatible with any other equipment or systems it will be used with.
- Safety: Consider any safety issues that may be associated with the level sensor, such as potential leaks or explosions.
- Reliability: Consider the reliability of the level sensor, as it will need to work accurately and consistently over time.
Please contact us to discuss your application