Help You Select the Right Tank Level Alarm
There are several different types of tank level alarms that are used to monitor the liquid level in a tank. The type of alarm you choose will depend on the specific application and the requirements of your facility.
- Float Switch Alarms: These alarms use a float switch that is attached to a buoyant object that rises and falls with the liquid level in the tank. When the liquid level reaches a certain point, the float switch activates an alarm or sends a signal to a control panel. Float switch alarms are simple and reliable, and are commonly used in industrial, commercial, and residential settings.
- Ultrasonic Level Alarms: These alarms use ultrasonic technology to measure the distance between the sensor and the liquid surface. Ultrasonic level alarms are more accurate than float switch alarms and are commonly used in applications where precise level control is required.
- Radar Level Alarms: These alarms use radar technology to measure the level of the liquid in a tank. Radar level alarms are highly accurate and are commonly used in industrial applications where level control is critical.
- Hydrostatic Level Alarms: These alarms are designed for use in tanks that are located underground or in other hard-to-reach areas. Hydrostatic level alarms use a pressure sensor to measure the weight of the liquid in the tank.
- Magnetic Level Indicator: These alarms use a magnetic float that is held in place by a magnetic field. The magnetic float moves along with the liquid level, which causes the movement of an indicator that can be read to know the level of the liquid in the tank.
- Sight Glass Level Alarm: These alarms are based on a transparent window that allows the operator to see the liquid level in the tank. They are used in conjunction with a level switch that activates an alarm when the liquid reaches a certain level.
In conclusion, the type of tank level alarm you choose will depend on your specific application and the requirements of your facility. Some of the most commonly used types of tank level alarms include float switch alarms, ultrasonic level alarms, radar level alarms, hydrostatic level alarms, magnetic level indicators, and sight glass level alarms. Each of these alarms has its own advantages and disadvantages, you have to select the one that best fits your needs.
Please contact us to discuss your application