How Do Telemetry Tank Level Measurement Work?
Telemetry tank level measurement is a method that enables operators to remotely monitor the liquid level in a tank. This technology is utilized extensively in several sectors, including oil and gas, water and wastewater, and chemical processing, where it is vital to monitor and manage the level of liquid in tanks to guarantee efficient operations, safety, and regulatory compliance.
There are several methods available for telemetry tank level measurement, and each has its own pros and cons. Among the most prevalent technologies are:
1. Submersible sensors are the most reliable tank level sensors; the method of measuring liquids is very simple. The head pressure of the liquid acts on the diaphragm of the sensor and the output can be sent to a local controller and can be displayed in inches or in gallons.
2. Ultrasonic sensors measure the amount of liquid in a tank using sound waves. Because they are non-contact and do not require physical touch with the liquid, they are ideal for use in hazardous conditions.
3. Radar sensors measure the amount of liquid in a tank using radio waves. In addition to being non-contact, they may be utilized with both low and high-dielectric liquids.
4. Float Type sensors utilize a float that rises and falls with the amount of liquid in a tank. They are simple and affordable but susceptible to variations in temperature and pressure
5. Pressure sensors measure the level of a tank based on the liquid’s exerted pressure. They are appropriate for high-pressure and high-temperature conditions and may be utilized with liquids of varying viscosities.
All of these technologies are linked to a remote monitoring system that enables operators to examine the liquid level in a tank in real time, set alerts for low and high levels, and create reports. The system may also be coupled with other control and decision-making systems, such as SCADA.
Remote tank level measurement is a crucial technology that enables operators to monitor and manage the liquid level in tanks, assuring efficient operations, safety, and regulatory compliance.
Learn more about level sensors
Learn more about telemetry tank level measurement
Please contact us to discuss your application