Selecting Leak Detection Notification Sensor and Alarm for Double Walled Tanks
When selecting a leak notification sensor and alarm for double wall tanks, there are several factors to consider:
- Type of tank: Different tanks require different types of leak notification sensors. For example, underground tanks may require sensors that can detect leaks in soil, while above-ground tanks may require sensors that can detect leaks in air or water.
- Location of the sensor: The location of the sensor is important because it needs to be able to detect leaks in the outer wall of the tank as well as the inner wall. Some sensors can be placed inside the tank, while others must be placed outside.
- Sensitivity: The sensitivity of the sensor is important because it determines how quickly a leak can be detected. Higher sensitivity sensors may be more expensive, but they can help prevent damage from a leak by detecting it sooner.
- Ease of installation: The sensor should be easy to install and maintain. Some sensors may require special tools or training to install, while others can be easily installed by anyone.
- Compatibility with other equipment: The sensor should be compatible with any other equipment that may be used in conjunction with it, such as alarms or shutdown systems.
- Cost: The cost of the sensor and alarm system is also a factor to consider. You’ll want to find a balance between a system that is reliable and effective, but not too expensive.
- Alarm features: The alarm should be loud enough to capture attention, and should include a silence button.
Learn more about Leak Detection Sensors
Please contact us to discuss your application