Selecting the right leak detection sensor for double wall tanks
There are several factors to consider when selecting the right leak detection sensor for double wall tanks. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Type of tank: Different tanks require different types of leak detection sensors. For example, underground tanks may require sensors that can detect leaks in soil, while above-ground tanks may require sensors that can detect leaks in air or water.
- Location of the sensor: The location of the sensor is important because it needs to be able to detect leaks in the outer wall of the tank as well as the inner wall. Some sensors can be placed inside the tank, while others must be placed outside.
- Sensitivity: The sensitivity of the sensor is important because it determines how quickly a leak can be detected. Higher sensitivity sensors may be more expensive, but they can help prevent damage from a leak by detecting it sooner.
- Ease of installation: The sensor should be easy to install and maintain. Some sensors may require special tools or training to install, while others can be easily installed by anyone.
- Compatibility with other equipment: The sensor should be compatible with any other equipment that may be used in conjunction with it, such as alarms or shutdown systems.
- Cost: The cost of the sensor is also a factor to consider. You’ll want to find a balance between a sensor that is reliable and effective, but not too expensive.
It’s also a good idea to do research and read reviews from other users before making a decision. This can help you get a sense of which sensors are the most reliable and effective.
Please contact us to discuss your application