Selecting the right tank level switch
To select the appropriate level switch for a tank application, consider the following engineering-based factors:
- Measuring range: Identify the range of levels that need to be measured and choose a switch with a measurement range that can accommodate these levels.
- Accuracy and resolution: Determine the required level of accuracy and resolution for your application and select a switch that meets these requirements.
- Environmental factors: Consider the operating environment of the switch, including temperature, humidity, and any potential exposure to corrosive substances. Choose a switch that is suitable for these conditions.
- Output type: Consider the type of output that your system requires and choose a switch with an output type that is compatible with your system.
- Cost: Determine your budget and select a switch that meets your requirements within this budget.
- Compatibility with the substance being measured: Ensure that the switch is compatible with the chemical and physical properties of the substance being measured.
- Switch actuation method: Select a switch with an actuation method that is suitable for your application, considering the properties of the substance being measured and the characteristics of the tank or container in which it is stored.
- Reliability and durability: Choose a switch that is reliable and durable, with a long service life and low maintenance requirements.
It may be helpful to consult with a specialist or do additional research to determine which level switch is most suitable for your specific tank application.
Please contact us to discuss your application