What to consider when selecting level sensors for diesel generators
There are several factors to consider when selecting level sensors for diesel generators:
- Compatibility: Make sure the level sensor is compatible with the type of fuel used in the generator (e.g. diesel, biodiesel, etc.).
- Accuracy: The level sensor should be able to accurately measure the fuel level in the generator.
- Range: Consider the range of the level sensor. For example, if the generator has a large fuel tank, you’ll need a level sensor with a longer range.
- Operating temperature: Make sure the level sensor can function properly in the temperature range in which the generator will be used.
- Size: The level sensor should be small enough to fit in the fuel tank of the generator.
- Cost: Consider your budget when selecting a level sensor. More expensive sensors may have additional features or greater accuracy, but they may not be necessary for your application.
It may also be helpful to consult with a technical expert to determine the most suitable level sensors for your needs.
Please contact us and we would be happy to discuss your application.