What to consider when selecting a level sensor for sodium hypochlorite (Hypo)
There are several factors to consider when selecting a level sensor for sodium hypochlorite, a strong oxidizing agent commonly used as a disinfectant. Some of the most important factors to consider include:
1. Compatibility with sodium hypochlorite: The sensor should be compatible with sodium hypochlorite, as the chemical can be corrosive and may damage some types of sensors. For example, you may want to consider a sensor made of a corrosion-resistant material, such as stainless steel or titanium.
2. Accuracy: The accuracy of the sensor should be sufficient for the intended application. For example, if you are using the sensor to measure the level of sodium hypochlorite in a tank, you may need a sensor with a high degree of accuracy to ensure that the chemical is being dispensed correctly.
3. Response time: The response time of the sensor should be fast enough to accurately measure the level of sodium hypochlorite in real-time.
4. Operating temperature: The operating temperature of the sensor should be appropriate for the intended application. Sodium hypochlorite is typically stored at room temperature, so you will need a sensor with a low to medium operating temperature range.
5. Mounting options: The sensor should have a mounting option that is suitable for the tank. For example, if the tank is very large, you may need a sensor with a long stem to reach the bottom of the tank.
6. Signal output: The sensor should have a signal output that is compatible with the monitoring or control system that you are using. For example, if you are using a programmable logic controller (PLC) to monitor the sodium hypochlorite level, you will need a sensor with an appropriate output, such as a current or voltage signal.
7. Cost: The cost of the sensor should be reasonable for the intended application. You should consider the upfront cost of the sensor as well as any ongoing maintenance or repair costs.
By considering these factors, you can select a level sensor that is well-suited for measuring the level of sodium hypochlorite in your specific application.
Please contact us to discuss your application